Tuesday, April 10, 2012

**HOT** Secrets How to Save Money on Medical Bills


 
Money Saving Secrets on How Your Medical Bills Could Be Drastically Reduced

As I was in the teacher’s lounge one day I began talking with a co-worker about medical bills and how, even after insurance, medical bills can add up fast.  She then let me in on a HUGE secret that I had never heard of.

Did you know that some hospitals will take up to 20% (or more) off of your hospital bill if you pay it in full?!  Yes, I am serious!!!!  I say “some” because right after she told me this, I tried it with two different hospitals and one offered the savings and the other did not.

How do you know if your hospital will take off the discount?
CALL!!!  It is totally worth 10-15 minutes of your time if you call and ask for billing.  Then, you can state that you’ve heard of some hospitals taking 20% off the balance if you pay it in full that day and ask if their hospital will do it!? Don’t be alarmed if they have to call you back.  The hospital that was willing to take the discount off told me that they would check with their supervisor and call me back by the end of the day.

Can’t pay the balance in full?
If you cannot pay the balance in full, it never hurts to call and still ask about the savings.  You may be able to afford the balance if the savings they are willing to take off that day is a LARGE sum!

No comments:

Post a Comment