Saturday, June 25, 2011

Helpful Hints! The glory of white vinegar

While reading my many blogs yesterday, I came across one that had helpful, uses for vinegar. The one that really caught my eye was replacing Jet Dry with white vinegar. She said she'd switched about a month ago and had wonderful results. I'm super excited to try this, especially since I just ran out of my store bought stuff!
 
Other uses:
  • Kill weeds. Spray full strength on growth until plants have starved.
  • Freshen cut flowers. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar for each quart of water.
  • Remove skunk odor from a dog. Rub fur with full strength vinegar; rinse. (I'll have to ask my boss about this one--Buddy gets sprayed a couple of times a year.)
  • Freshen up the washing machine. Clean the hoses and unclog soap scum. Once a month pour one cup of vinegar into the washing machine and run the machine through a normal cycle, without clothes. (Thanks Rise'-she uses this method instead of buying expensive cleaners for her front load and raves about the results!)
  • Turn a chicken bone into rubber by soaking it in a glass of vinegar for three days. It will bend like rubber. (Sorry had to end on a silly note. WHY would you need this???)

No comments:

Post a Comment